Emotional Freedom Tapping (EFT), also known as psychological acupuncture or tapping offers healing from physical, emotional distress and pain. EFT uses fingertips to tap points on the body and to restore energy balance in the body and treat pain.
The process of EFT has five steps; Although EFT is a linear sequence, you can repeat these steps if there are multiple issues to address and reduce the intensity of negative feelings further.
1. Identification of the issue and setup
The first step is identifying the bad memory, fear, or issue you are experiencing as the focal point for effective EFT.
- You must acknowledge the problems you face and accept yourself, regardless of the issues.
- To do this, come up with a setup phrase, for example:
- “Even though I fear [something], I completely accept myself.”
2. Set up an initial benchmark
- Set a benchmark on a scale of 0 to 10, measuring intensity with ten being the worse or most challenging
- After following the complete EFT sequence, the initial benchmark will then be compared with the final benchmark to track progress.
3. EFT tapping on the 9 Meridian points
- Perform the tapping using your fingertips. Tap 5 to 7 times on each of the body’s nine meridian points.
- Remember to always remain focused while saying your setup phrase.
- Focus on accepting your issue and resolving it while tapping
- Tapping will:
- It will help redistribute energy throughout the body.
- The brain’s stress centers will receive signals from tapping, which will relieve your negative emotion or stress linked with the problem.
4. Follow the EFT Tapping Sequence: This sequence is used when tapping on the nine meridian points.
- Follow this sequence, moving down the body in the following ascending order:
- Top of the Head (TOH)
- Beginning of the Eyebrow (EB)
- Side of the eye (SE)
- Under the eye (UE)
- Under the Nose (UN)
- Chin point (CH)
- Beginning of the Collarbone (CB)
- Under The Arm (UA)
- Karate chop (KC)
5. Compare the initial and final intensity:
- Rate your final intensity on a scale from 0 to 10 again.
- Compare the final intensity with the initial intensity.
- If you have not reached level 0, repeat the progress until you reach that level.
How Effective is EFT?
- According to research, EFT is shown to be very effective for the following issues:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Physical pain
Other Benefits of EFT:
EFT is a self-help technique. The benefits of EFT over conventional treatment include:
- Less Expensive
- Less time consuming
- Effective at reducing stress
While EFT tapping is a simple technique that can relieve stress and pain, make sure you seek professional guidance for your emotional issues or physical pain.
Wholistic Training offers classes about the theory of Meridian Massage and Acupressure as part of its Acupressure/Meridian Therapy program.
Register for our Acupressure/Meridian Therapy to provide health, harmony and a sense of well-being to your clients. The program is offered in the evenings and can be done 100% remotely, in-person or hybrid.